Participation in the Competition
1. By participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
2. To participate in the Competition, the Participant must be an Eligible Person makes an Eligible Transaction during the Competition Period.
3. Participants must keep their original receipt or tax invoice from a Participating Store as proof of purchase. If no receipt is given, then the Game Card is proof of purchase.
4. There is no limit to the amount a time a Participant may enter during the Promotion Period.
5. To enter the Competition, the Eligible Person must during the Competition Period:
(a) spend $10.00 or more in one transaction at any Food Court Participating Retailer to receive a unique code game card;
(b) use the in-centre kiosks or any device to enter the unique code and your details on the competition entry form located on the iPad or microsite; and
(c) spin to see if you have won one (1) of over fifty (50) daily instant prizes – a winning message & redemption details will be displayed & emailed to you if you have won (“Eligible Entry”); and
(d) you will be directed to the Customer Service Desk to collect your instant prize
(e) if you don’t win a “better luck next time” message will appear;
(f) if the Eligible Person is under the age of 18 years, be consented to by a parent or guardian of the Eligible Person and any relevant consent form signed where applicable.
6. The Promoter (in its sole discretion) has the right to add or to remove from the list of Participating Retailers at any time
7. Information on the Eligible Entry Form also forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
8. The Competition will be conducted in the Centre during the Competition Period. The Competition will end on expiration of the Competition Period or earlier once all Prizes have been given away.
10. The Competition is only open to Eligible Persons.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of any Participant (including a Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who does not comply strictly with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If requested by the Promoter, a Participant must provide the Promoter with evidence of eligibility. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. There will be One Thousand One Hundred and Sixty (1160) Prizes and one Thousand One Hundred and Sixty (1160) winners of a Prize (Prize Winners).
13. If a Prize Recipient is under the age of 18 years, the parent or guardian of the Prize Recipient who gave permission for entry into the Competition will be deemed to be a Prize Recipient for the purposes of the Competition.
14. The Prizes are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
15. The first One Thousand, One Hundred and Sixty (1160) Eligible Entries randomly drawn by Compco Digital will win a Prize.
16. Instant Prizes will be awarded at the time of entry and will be held until 4:00pm on 17 November 2019 for collection.
17. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the Prize Winner via email to arrange delivery or collection of the Prize.
18. A Participant claiming to be a Prize Winner will be required to provide proof of identity.
19. The Prizes are subject to the conditions relating to the use of the Prize (including validity period) which can be obtain directly from the Prize provider or viewed at https://www.grandcentralshopping.com.au. Where the use of the Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of a Prize provider other than the Centre, any dispute in relation to those terms and conditions must be directed to that party and the Promoter has no responsibility for resolving such disputes.
Other General Terms
20. All Competition entries are the property of the Promoter.
21. The Promoter Entities shall not be liable (including, without limitation, in negligence) for:
(a) any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss); or
(b) any personal injury suffered or sustained, during the course of participating in this Competition or using the Prize, except for and to the extent that any liability cannot be excluded by law.
22. Each Participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter Entities against all claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Promoter Entities or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Participant, the conduct of the Participant in the Competition or the use of the Prize by the Participant.
23. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority (if any) to:
(a) disqualify any Participant; and/or
(b) modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
24. Under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), the Promoter must notify Participants of certain matters when it collects personal information about them including how it plans to use or disclose it. If a Participant chooses to enter or take part in the Competition, the Participant may be required to provide the Promoter with personal information about themselves such as the Participant’s full name, address, email, telephone number, amount of transaction and store of transaction.
25. The Promoter will collect, use and disclose the personal information which the Participant has provided the following purpose:
(a) of carrying out the Competition in general for notification and promotion of Prizes; and
(b) adding the Participant’s details to the Centre’s database.
26. By entering the Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his or her personal information in the manner outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
27. If a Participant would prefer that the Promoter does not use or disclose the Participant’s personal information in the way outlined in these Terms and Conditions and/or retain their personal information for the purposes described herein, the Participant should contact the Promoter on (07) 4632 5866.
28. A Participant has the right to access, in most circumstances, personal information which the Promoter holds about the Participant. A Participant may contact the Promoter on (07) 4632 5866 to ask for access to the Participant’s personal information, or if the Participant has a complaint concerning a Participant’s information privacy. The Promoter may deny the participant’s request for access in some circumstances. If the Promoter does this, it will tell the Participant why.
30. If a Participant considers that any personal information that the Promoter holds about the Participant is inaccurate or if at any time the Participant’s details change, the Participant may contact the Promoter on (07) 4632 5866 and the Promoter will take reasonable steps to ensure that such personal information is corrected. The Promoter will take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
“Centre” means Grand Central Shopping Centre located at the corner of Margaret Street and Dent Street, Toowoomba Qld 4350.
“Competition” means the opportunity to go into the draw to attempt to win a Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
“Competition Period” means the period from 9:00am on 14 October 2019 to 4:00pm on 3 November 2019.
“Eligible Entry” means an entry which complies with the requirements of clause 4.
“Eligible Person” means an individual who:
(a) is a resident of Queensland;
(b) if under 18 years of age, has a parent or guardian’s permission to participate in the Competition;
(c) is not a Non-Eligible Person; and
(d) submits an Eligible Entry.
“Eligible Transaction” means an Eligible Person must spend a minimum of $10.00 or more at a Participating Retailer during the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, payment for services (e.g. electricity, gas, telephone), registrations (e.g. motor vehicle registration), premiums (e.g. insurance and health fund premiums), rates, subscriptions, deposits or payments to financial institutions or any similar payments (including payments made to Australia Post, lay-by transactions, newsagency and lotteries purchases) will not qualify as an Eligible Transaction.
“Non-Eligible Person” means the following:
(a) owners and managers of the Centre;
(b) Participating Retailer/s of the Centre;
(c) suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Centre;
(d) the employees or contractors of the persons and entities in paragraphs (a) – (c); and
(e) any spouse, child, de facto or any other person living at the same premises as any of the persons mentioned in paragraphs (a) – (d).
“Participant” means any person who participates in the Competition.
“Participating Retailer/s” means KFC, Subway, Abra Kebab, McDonalds, Eats of Asia, Koon Hong, Sushi Paradise, Bucking Bull, Ippin Ramen, Totally Baked, Donut King, Cioccolato and Bubble N Sweets.
“Prize” means one (1) of any of the following Gift Cards which can be used at KFC, Subway, Abra Kebab, McDonalds, Eats of Asia, Koon Hong, Sushi Paradise, Bucking Bull, Ippin Ramen, Totally Baked, Donut King, Cioccolato and Bubble N Sweets in the Centre’s Food Court:
• $5.00 Food Court Gift Card (600 available); or
• $10.00 Food Court Gift Card (300 available); or
• $15.00 Food Court Gift Card (200 available); or
• $20.00 Food Court Gift Card (30 available); or
• $30.00 Food Court Gift Card (20 available); or
• $50.00 Food Court Gift Card (10 available),
or any substitute Prize of a similar replacement type and value as determined by the Promoter.
“Promoter” means the owner of the Centre, QIC Limited CAN 130 539 123 atf QIC Grand Central Trust, Level 5, Central Plaza II, 66 Eagle Street, Brisbane Qld 4000.
“Promoter Entities” means the Promoter, all associated companies, advisors and agencies and all those entities’ personnel.