We know that 2020 has been a challenging year for many of us. While this year we face a different Christmas to the one we’re all used to, please be assured that our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our customers, staff and retailers remains our steadfast priority.
Keeping you safe at Grand Central this Christmas
In line with this commitment, we continue to maintain a range of precautionary measures to help keep our community safe this Christmas. These include:
• A strengthened focus on disinfecting commonly touched areas
• Positioning of hand sanitiser stations at key points throughout the Centre
• Installation of signage and floor decals across parts of the Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times.
In addition to these longstanding measures, this Christmas we’re also introducing some new safety initiatives. These include:
• Contactless wayfinding, allowing you to scan a QR code on your mobile to find any store in the Centre
• Integrated traffic data on our website, allowing you to plan your trip to avoid the Centre’s peak busy times
• Live parking information, providing real-time updates on car park availability at the Centre
• Social Distancing Ambassadors located throughout the Centre, to ensure our community is adhering to social distancing directives
• An Order and Collect service, allowing you to order from your preferred Grand Central stores and have your order delivered directly to your car. Visit here to find out more.
• Extended pre-Christmas trading hours, giving you longer to shop.
How you can help
We’ll be doing all we can to keep our community safe this Christmas, but we also need your help. We ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
• Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others
• Maintain personal hygiene by regularly washing your hands and using the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience
• Handle illness safely by coughing into your elbow or a tissue, and most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
Plan your visit this Christmas
To help you stay safe this Christmas, we strongly encourage you to plan your trip in advance and not linger unnecessarily in the Centre:
• Avoid visiting the Centre at peak times such as during the middle of the day from Thursday through to Sunday. Use the traffic data information on our website to choose the best time to visit.
• Check store trading hours and individual conditions of entry in advance.
• Take advantage of our Order and Collect service, which allows you to order from your preferred Grand Central stores and have your order delivered directly to your car. For more information, please visit here.
Keeping Santa safe
Christmas is a little different this year. To find out more about the changes we’ve made to our Santa visits this year, please visit here for more details.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate this festive season together, and look forward to seeing you at Grand Central soon.