Considering a visit to Grand Central? It’s important to plan your trip in advance to help keep our community safe. Before arriving please review the list of open retailers and individual conditions of entry located here. As restrictions have impacted all of our retailers in different ways, you may find it may take a little longer for some of your favourite stores to return to business as usual. Here are some things to think about when planning your visit:
- Avoid visiting the centre at peak times
- Check store trading hours and individual conditions of entry in advance
- Pre-book restaurants, beauty and health appointments, and gym and fitness classes
- Most importantly, if you are feeling unwell reconsider your visit and stay at home
Please click here for more details regarding what you can do to help keep our community safe when visiting our centre.
As part of the Queensland Government’s recovery roadmap, from Friday July 3 our customers will be able to:
Dine in the Food Court
Our communal seating areas such as those located in the Food Court and Market Room dining precincts are re-open. Social distancing directives apply to these areas, including the 4 sqm per person rule. For your convenience, we have erected signage at the entrances and throughout these areas with the maximum allowable capacity. We have also positioned hand sanitising stations at the entries to these areas and ask you to please utilise these services upon entry.
Our restaurants, cafes, and food courts continue to offer takeaway, pick-up and home delivery options. Further information on delivery and takeaway options is available here. A number of our operators are offering online ordering so that you can maintain a safe social distance from other patrons. A list of retailers offering this service within our Food Court can be found here.
Enjoy entertainment venues
BCC Cinemas and iPlay have now reopened for your enjoyment. These venues too may have implemented hygiene measures to keep our community safe. Follow the link here for a full list of entertainment venues on offer at Grand Central.
While we are regularly reviewing the evolving circumstances, at this stage Centre play areas, including ‘kiddie rides’ located throughout the Centre will remain closed until further notice.
Keeping you safe as we navigate coronavirus together
It goes without saying that our community’s health and wellbeing comes first. We continue to uphold a robust range of exemplary hygiene and safety measures, and among others, these include:
- Strengthened cleaning processes and an increase in the number of daily cleaning rotations to focus on regularly disinfecting high-touch point areas.
- A heightened focus on social distancing, including the installation of signage throughout the Centre reminding our community to socially distance by keeping 1.5 metres between themselves and others.
- Positioning of permanent hand sanitiser stations throughout the Centre.
- Roll out of a public hygiene advertisement campaign to provide customers with clear health recommendations in line with government directives.
- Close work with our retail partners to ensure they are also adhering to social distancing directives and managing crowds and queues in accordance with directives set by the relevant governing authorities.
While we understand that the re-introduction of in-Centre experiences that have been greatly missed by our community is something to be excited about, we ask you to continue to play your part to keep our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
- Handling illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell. We continue to work in close collaboration with our retailers to ensure that we are all doing our part to keep our shared environments clean and safe, while keeping our team members up to date with new information and advice from the relevant authorities.
We ask for your support in making sure Grand Central continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Grand Central.